Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE SMILE OF THE RUNNING GODS

Today the Running Gods did smile down on me. 

We were awoken at 3:20am by the sound of torrential rain. It persisted for quite a while but I eventually got back to sleep. I woke up just before my 5:00am alarm. More rain. Decision time and after a brief deliberation I decided to get up and do today's scheduled run. I certainly didn't want to run 2 days in a row knowing the 2nd day would be a hard session. I also knew that scheduling the run for later in the day was almost a guaranteed fail. So out I headed lucky that the rain had stopped again.

Five minutes in and there was a sprinkle but I could stay mainly under shelter so all was good. The rain stopped again. I did my 40 minutes at a steady pace, arrived home, stepped inside and 2 minutes later..... torrential rain.

My run is done and tomorrow is a legs rest day which will be very welcome. I love having a plan and then sticking to it :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment