Monday, September 16, 2013

DA SKINNIES ARE IN DA HOUSE AND DAMNED INTERVALS

Da skinnies are in da house as of last night. Yes last night I tested my skinny jeans and by jove... they fit. Just to clarify these are not your traditional skinny legged jeans (which my tree trunks can NEVER fit into) but they are a size 11 bootleg styled jean that is not made from denim with any give or stretch in it. You either fit into them or you don't because they don't stretch over your bigger bits LOL. I tell you, this just about warranted a squeal of delight followed by a little happy dance :-) The boyfriends have not been tested yet.

Week 1 of my R4FL program had 4 steady runs of 30 minutes each. I was up early for Saturday's run and it felt quite exhilarating to be out in the early crisp air. My session went for a little over 50 minutes due to some added walking. Yesterday I did a modified hour of power comprising of a 350 Workout followed by a 35 minute walk to rest my legs for today's run.

So I had checked RK and the workout was displayed as 3:3 intervals. I flicked over to the detail of the session and it said 3 mins fast:3 mins slow and showed a total of 5 intervals. "Ooh a nice short but hard session", I thought to myself and off I set at 5:20am this morning. I also decided to run it around my block to avoid intersections and possible traffic. I walked the 5 minute warm up and then hit the first fast interval. Holy cow! 3 minutes is a long time to run fast but I pressed on eagerly awaiting change to the slow interval. Fast interval 2 came around too fast (LOL) and I was off again feeling the pain in my lungs. Slow interval provided some relief but I was jogging them and not walking. Then it was time for the (I thought) last fast interval so I gunned it and gave it everything I had. No point not emptying the tank and I recorded my best interval split of 5:55 mins/km. I was smokin!! Until the trainer came on with "next interval 3 mins steady." Huh??? What do you mean next interval?? There is no "next interval". But alas there was and in fact the total intervals were 5 of each. Needless to say my last 2 fast intervals were anything but :-( I did however do my best considering I had emptied the proverbial tank on the 3rd interval. I even added 7 mins walking to the end to rack up 42 mins in total.

My lungs are still telling me they worked extra hard but they will be ok. Wednesday's run is 40 mins steady which should not be a problem then on Friday its 10 mins fast:5 mins walking x 2 repeats. SHOOT. ME. NOW.

M  

2 comments: