Tuesday, September 17, 2013

MY HAMMIES ARE NOT HAPPY

Today my hammies are NOT happy. It was leg day this morning and I achieved a new PB on squats working my way up from a light warm up weight to what was quite heavy for me and belting out 2 sets of 10 at the heavy weight. I shall call that 'progress'. Then it was onto static lunges (or some call them split squats). Again a little extra weight on the dumbbells had me working hard but I could tell my glutes just wouldn't engage :-(

Finally it was stiff legged (or Romanian) deadlifts. Feeling ambitious I increased my weights only to find my hammies were like lead ropes and getting any stretch in them was really painful. But I persevered and on the 3rd set there was some relief and I was able to go lower down. My 4th set was definitely my best. I wrapped up my workout with 3 1 minute planks held on the toes. Noice!!

All I can say is that after tomorrow's 40 minute steady paced run, I'll be hangin out big time to rest my legs. They need it and I need it if I'm going to nail Friday's 10 minute fast intervals.

M

 

No comments:

Post a Comment