Friday, September 13, 2013

THE BIRTHDAY WEEKEND PLAN

This week marks the first time in a long time where I'll be exercising on a Saturday. My R4FL (Running for Fat Loss) program requires running every second day and I have a 30 minute steady paced run due for tomorrow. Now that's going to take some dedication to get my arse into gear early enough to fit it into what is normally a very busy schedule.

Add to that Peter's birthday also being tomorrow and I've had to pull out all stops in being super-organised ahead of time so that everything flows. Here is my plan for the weekend:

1. Leave work early today, pick Mitchell up from school and head over for a chiro appointment to get my sore neck fixed.

2. Arrive home at a reasonable time and prepare an awesome birthday dinner for Peter. I have fresh oysters which I will serve kilpatrick and fresh (1/2 dozen each to share). Then I'm making prawns thermidor (Lobster is too exxy right now @ $80+ for a meagre 1/2 lobster). He's going out for a work colleague's birthday drinks so I have the place to myself to cook to my heart's content which I love.

3. Enjoy wonderful dinner and a good bottle of wine with Peter and do birthday presents tonight so he can indulge in his favourite Haighs chocolates for dessert. I considered making coffee and walnut cupcakes for dessert but quite frankly we are not short on sweet temptations at home right now.

4. Saturday morning: run, eat (maybe), shower, dress, strip bed, washing, ice skating.

5. Saturday afternoon: lunches for my boys, casual lunch out, grocery shopping, unpacking, continue washing, cleaning, deliver Mitchell to mum's for a sleep over.

6. Quiet pre-pre-dinner-drink and relax with Peter at home before heading out to a local pub for a pre-dinner drink and then to one of our nice local restaurants for dinner.

7. Sunday: pick Mitchell up from mum's, hour of power, domestic chores (eg. weekly lunches), maybe a coffee out, family dinner at mum and dad's for Peter's birthday. Collapse in a heap and wish you had an extra day to recover from the weekend :-)

How's your weekend shaping up?

M

      

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic weekend for you both! I think you missed an 'important event' between number '6' and '7'. I saw under number '4' included stripping the bed and I assume it's been re-made by then. I don't need any comments on this but hope you both have a great weekend! Got a run in after work today, now watching rugby, Crossfit tomorrow morn, then trip to town for good coffee and to buy warm gloves. Then a mate is coming over to watch rugby, I will make something good for tea and have some wine! Sunday, unplanned as of now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a great plan Pip.

    ReplyDelete