Wednesday, March 6, 2013

THREE WEEKS POST OP

Today marks 3 weeks since I had my ankle operation and things are pretty good despite the persistent swelling and a bit of numbness around the scars. I'm now able to be on my feet for extended periods and be pain free. My walking pace is also picking up. I have a bit of discomfort that is from the skin being pulled tight due to the swelling but its manageable. 

To be absolutely safe about my recovery I have avoided any lower body work, even just doing weighted squats and deadlifts and especially static lunges. I figure that I have all the time in the world once I get a clearance from the physio or surgeon so there is no rush to push myself now. Its not like I have an event with a deadline to train for :-)

I went to to bed early last night (not like that's anything different for me) to try and ditch a sore throat and headache that had decided to take up residence in my body yesterday. They haven't taken hold because I'm back at work today but I'm ever so mindful that a potential cold, or worse is lurking right before a long weekend. Now THAT would really piss me off so I'm trying to be super healthy with my eating and activity to keep any lurgies at bay.

And on that note, being at work means its time to get back to it. Cheers all

M

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going well, Magda - keep up the great efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep soldiering on here, Liz :-)

    ReplyDelete