Monday, March 18, 2013

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE

On Saturday I had lunch with a dear friend as a belated birthday get-together. Coming up to the date, I remembered back to this time last year. I was studying a double load as I finished off the Professional Management Program which required a work based project and a presentation to wrap it up. My Director was at the presentation. At the same time, I had started my accounting subject as part of my Grad Cert and there was a ridiculous amount of reading and home work questions to get through. I would study late at night, eat crap, do no exercise  and I just ran myself into the ground. I put on weight and felt awful on every level. The D word had set in and my lunch catch up for my friend's birthday then was a miserable time.

But not this year. I'm slimmer, happier, healthier, less stressed and feeling quite good - and all this DESPITE my ankle operation and the problems I've been having with the R word LOL. So on Saturday I put on my figure hugging white dress with a flowey coverall as it was a bit cool. Then I got out a pair of heels (not too high to start with) and had the inaugural heel wearing ceremony. Oooh I felt soooo good. Miss R and I did the day justice starting lunch just before 1pm and her husband dropped me off home at 6.30pm. Seeing as we shared a dessert around 5.30, I didn't need any dinner and I was very happy after the 2 bottles of champagne that we enjoyed.

Today I've broken out the heels for work and all is good. In fact I'm wearing the shoes that  broke me back in September when I finally declared that the pain in my foot was unbearable and I gave in and bought flats to wear for the rest of the day. What a journey its been since then. Oh the wardrobe choices I have once again and no wincing and grimacing as I hobbled about.

So there you have it ... a very happy post for today even though I'm dead tired and suffering a bad case of Mondayitis. When all is said and done, life is good :-)

xx m   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment