Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OH THE PAIN ....

..... I'll feel after this morning's workout. 

Today was leg day. A statement that brought fear into my heart and a sense of dread as I headed out to my studio at 5.15am. Whatever I did today was going to hurt big time tomorrow. There was no escaping it. My last leg workout was on Feb 12 the day before my foot surgery.

Being the big sook that I am, I dropped my weights back by 5kgs on my squats and stiff legged deadlifts. They were still really hard and heavy, just reaffirming that I am a big weakling. I kept my weights low on my static lunges and plie squats as I plan to build them up over time. To rev things up a bit, I supersetted all my leg work with triceps work (gotta keep the arms firm and toned!).

Well I survived it and now I'm bracing myself for tomorrow's DOMS. I guess I'll just have to harden up and ride it out. The trick is to now keep training legs regularly so this doesn't happen again, or only happens on a lesser scale. I won't be able to use the old 'my legs are tired' excuse as I'm not running and lets be honest, walking doesn't exactly tire you out unless you're covering mega distance.

On other fronts, my vego diet is going well although preparing separate meals for everybody in my family is starting to wear thin. I've gotten by with lots of pre-packaged meals for myself but in hindsight they're probably not the best long term alternative. I will re-assess at the end of the month. As far as overall regularity goes, there has been improvement so it would be with some trepidation that I'd go back to meat based meals and getting the balance right will, no doubt, be tricky. 

Anyways that's enough of my boring life for now. Hope you're all having a great day. Talk tomorrow.

M

  

1 comment:

  1. Magda not sure if this will help or not, but something I have discovered for dinner recently after a dietician visit is heating a tin of brown lentils (couple of cloves of garlic) or refried beans or mexibeans up on the stove and then having them with a wrap (tortilla etc) or taco shell and tinned corn, tomato and cucumber and you could add any salad ingredients you had on hand. She also suggested a similar thing with a baked or micorwaved potato or sweet potato, which I haven't done yet. I am finding the taco and wraps quick, easy and filling! Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete