Tuesday, March 5, 2013

ROUND TWO OF MY UPPER BODY WORKOUT

Today was the first day since the 12 February that I have gotten up at 5am to exercise. Oh my, it was hard to do :-( But I sucked it up like all good princesses do and I got my gear on and hit my studio for round 2 of my upper body workout. I even had a little ab DOMS from Sunday which just proved that its been too long since my muscles worked beyond the requirements of everyday life at an office desk or lounging on a sofa for several hours a day.

On another matter, this morning we said goodbye to Peter's mum and dad who came for the Clipsal 500 car racing weekend. They have been staying with us since Wednesday night and the weekend was all about the car racing followed by family dinners both out and at home. When these weekends have happened in the past I have always done a big 'fall off the fitness rails' by blowing off my training after late nights of eating too much and drinking. This was my pattern without fail and by the end of it all I'd be lamenting that any weight I'd managed to get off before would have come back on, in double. It was a really vicious cycle and one that I just never could break.

Well, this time has been different :-) Yep, we've had the family dinners and been out for meals as well and I've enjoyed a glass or two of wine but I've not gone stupid with my food and my weight has remained fairly stable (I can tell, I don't need the scales to tell me). How liberating is that??!! I feel so good about this and I'm really comfortable to carry on this way. So on that note, my stomach is telling me its lunch time and I shall listen and feed it before hopping back into some more work.

Cheers all

No comments:

Post a Comment