Monday, March 4, 2013

GETTING BACK INTO EXERCISE

Last week was a classic case of 'if it doesn't get done first thing in the morning, it doesn't get done'. What am I talking about? Exerciser/training, of course. Add to the mix, being limited to upper body only, and it hardly seemed worth the worry or the effort. And that folks, is SO not like me normally.

So over the weekend I set myself the goal of getting back into exercise and then maintaining it during the week. I was a bit stumped for what to do considering that just training 2 upper body parts wasn't exciting me in the least. Then I found my inspiration. I set up my studio for the following upper body circuit: DB over-head press (shoulders); seated row (back); DB chest press (chest); DB curls (biceps) and tricep dips (triceps). I set the weights at heavyish and went  for 10 reps of each with no rest until the end when I took a 1 minute rest. I did 4 rounds and felt quite pooped on the last one. Then, with lots of time left I planted my feet firmly on the ground and did upper body cardio in the form of cross cuts and overhead punches continuously for 5 minutes. To wrap it all up I did 100 abs (in various forms) and then stretched out and high fived myself (figuratively speaking). You know, it wasn't a massive effort but geez I felt good afterwards :-) I plan to do this on Tuesday and Thursday mornings this week and then assess what I feel like for the coming weekend.

My foot is aching less and less as time goes by. The only problem I have now is the massive swelling in my ankle. The outer joint is really puffy and the skin over my wound is constantly pulled tight and feels sore. On Wednesday it will be 3 weeks since my op so I just wish my foot would look normal again. I also have some seriously peeling skin adding to the ugliness LOL. First world problems, I know!!

Anyways, I'm back on my whingey soap box so I better stop there and dive back into work. Til next time folks.

:-) M 





 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fantastic workout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, I'll take what I can get Michelle. Its not as effective as a run but its a pretty good non-impact alternative and my muscles need to know that their life isn't over just yet LOL.

    ReplyDelete