Wednesday, February 13, 2013

FOOT OP DAY

Today was foot op day, delayed from Monday as originally booked. In the lead up I nailed an awesome run/walk on Sunday despite having a tight and sore lower back. I did a new route where the first 30 minutes was uphill, hence the lower back and gluteus weren't happy. I had to resort to my 'Cliff Young shuffle' pace but I persevered. Just after the 30 minute mark I turned a corner for the reciprocal downhill return. My, that felt good and I clocked my longest running time of 50 minutes since from very long ago. My total time was over an hour AND there was the added challenge of doing this at lunch time instead of first thing in the morning. I was mighty proud that I didn't blow it off and indeed gave it a mighty fine effort.

Sadly I pulled up really sore through back, hips, gluteus etc so on Monday it was a moderate session of mixed cardio (bike and rower) and then a visit to my chiropractor so that he could work his usual miracles. On Tuesday I tried sprint repeats but the legs and hips weren't happy so I cut them short and finished off with more CYS jogging and then walking. Phew! Now I can deal with being incapacitated LOL.

My op went well I'm told and I had no problems in recovery. When I was discharged the nurse wheeled me out in a wheelchair. Boy, did I feel special then! Peter loaded my crutches into the car and off we went to my new home, the couch where I've hung out all day. The block in my foot is still effective so I have no feeling or movement below my right knee but all my pain killing drugs are at hand. In fact I've been told to start taking both Panadol and Nurofen now to get some build up in my system. I also have a prescription serious pain killer for when the block wears off. I expect I'll be rattling soon.

So it's been a tiring and drowsy day with lots of short naps and I can feel an early bed coming on. And then day 2 of more of the dame minus the surgery.

Cheers all

M




3 comments:

  1. Rest, relax and lap up all the attention you get! I'm sure you'll be tackling that hill in no time! xoxox

    ReplyDelete