Friday, February 15, 2013

POST OP DAY 3

Again thanks to Charlotte and Kek for your good wishes. I agree, the Blogger / iPad marriage just doesn't work but at least I can post updates as right now I can't get up the stairs to the PC.

I started today in pretty good spirits because I'd felt ok over the last 2 days. I was secretly planning to hobble to one of my fave coffee shops for both the outing and the chance to have a decent coffee. I just thought I'd be ok.

Well I was completely wrong. Every little bit of activity wore me out and I even struggled to do crosswords or Sudokus. I'd last maybe 10 minutes before needing a little shut eye. I kept waiting to feel better but it just wasn't to be. I ended up having a massive sleep in the afternoon, so much so that I didn't even hear Peter get home from work.

It was so nice to have him home. We sat outside and talked and he organised dinner. He wouldn't let me have any wine tonight and in all honesty I didn't even feel like any. Go figure! Just him being here really lifted my spirits :-)

I'm weaning myself off the painkillers now although I felt I still needed some today. On the bright side I haven't touched the strong stuff. I'm sure this uber tiredness is just the anaesthetic in my body. Geez it knocks you about. Oh and as for the rehab exercises .... YUK. Achilles stretches just downright hurt but I still have to do them 4 times a day, along with other strength work and stretching.

If I'm feeling better tomorrow Peter will take me on an outing. Fingers crossed! I can't wait to get out and have a nice coffee.

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you there Magda! I know the recovery process would be somewhat frustrating, good news you are weaning yourself off the painkillers, - things therefore must be on the up! I hope you get your coffee today, - am hearing you about hanging out for one! Now I get my skinny flat white once or twice a week, (28km is closest town with a decent cafe). It used to be once or twice a day when I lived in Perth and was allowed to make free coffee for ourselves at where I worked! All the best! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get that coffee soon x hang in there with your rehab, it will get better and easier each day :)

    ReplyDelete