Sunday, February 17, 2013

A TOUGH DAY

Today was a really tough day in the mental sense. Another day of inactivity on the sofa and no outing. Peter was really busy doing all the stuff I can't do plus exercising, working and then catching up with his best mate for his BM's birthday. I just couldn't impose an 'I need to get out' on him. So no outing today. Plus it was really hot here and admittedly my foot does not like to be in a lowered position.

At one stage I really wanted to go out for coffee and I know I would have had cake with it but alas it wasn't to be and I ended up eating a piece of leftover Atlantic salmon with some pre-chopped purple carrot sticks LOL. At least it's a healthier option, I guess. The highlight has definitely been a late dinner with Peter and a glass of wine.

On another positive note, I've been painkiller free today and I know my recovery is going well. I've just got to suck this up and give it the time it needs.

M


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making good progress, Magda. And like it or not, being bored and feeling a little stir-crazy is a sure sign that you're well and truly on the mend. Just finding a positive for you.... :) (I'm a terrible patient too - hate being cooped up and unable to just do things I normally take for granted. Makes me crazy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you are recovering nicely. It must be hard to not be able to do the things you want to do, I know it would send me crazy.

    Here's to a better day today :)

    ReplyDelete