Sunday, February 17, 2013

POST OP SATURDAY

Knowing how much I'd like to get out Peter offered us lunch out yesterday which I jumped at ...... well figuratively speaking LOL. So after a morning spent siting outside and then on the couch, I put on a little make up, got dressed into non-lounging clothes and we drove 2 streets away to have lunch at a new cafe that's opened up in our area. Parking was a problem and ironically I ended up walking a little less than I would have had I walked from home. Never mind, I'm quite good on my crutches now. Although it was a very hot day and we sat outside, it was so good to get away from home. I didn't have a coffee (waving to Pip and Sandra - thanks for your comments on my last blog post) but I did have a glass of Pinot noir with my Mediterranean lamb salad. Bliss!!

I got through yesterday with only 2 nurofens which I was pretty happy about. I'm finding that as long as my foot is elevated there is no pain. It tends to ache when it's at ground level and when I do my rehab exercises. But it's all bearable. I thought it would actually be worse. So all in all I can't complain about the op or my recovery. I'm just looking forward to walking normally and then running again.

I'll probably blog again tonight as Peter will be going to the footy so Mitchell and I will be fending for ourselves for a while. I can feel s coffee outing coming on today, that's for sure :-)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment