Sunday, February 24, 2013

STRUGGLING WITH THE BALANCE THING

Since I got my mobility back on Wednesday night, I've really struggled with the need to keep resting my right foot. I'm not a lazy person by nature so this whole sitting around and not doing much thing is hard to maintain when I know I can be up, about and doing things. In trying to be useful and getting some things done to relieve the pressure off Peter, there have been a few times where I've probably overdone it and spent longer on my feet than I should have :-( when this happens I down tools, grab my frozen peas and try to spend a nice long time back on the couch, foot elevated and iced.

I see the surgeon tomorrow morning to get my protective bandage off. I can't wait for this as its feeling really uncomfortable now. Although its only stuck over the site of the wounds, it's tight, it pulls and it's time for it to go. I can't wait to get my foot cleaned up and pretty again although there is still bruising and swelling to go. After the surgeon I have a follow up physio appointment where I have quite a few questions to get answered. It's going to be a busy morning.

Never one to be held down, I did manage some upper body training this morning. Back and chest, 3 sets of each supersetted for a nice 30 minute workout put me in a god frame of mind for the day ahead. My boys were away on a school father/son camp and I was mighty grateful that I wasn't incapacitated like last weekend. Now it's just nice to have them back home and getting ready for the week ahead.

Stay tuned for my update after my bandage comes off. Cheers all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment