Sunday, October 9, 2011

SHORT BREAK FROM BLOGGING

This will be my last post until Friday night (or later). I vow to stay off both Blogger and Facebook until my exam is finished (11am Friday). If you find me here or commenting on another blog please feel free to give me a right royal telling off. My schedule with work and exam prep means these two favourites have to be shelved for a few days.

The weekend has been awesome. I had a lovely lunch out with my BF yesterday, something we dont do very often at all. Peter and I stayed home last night and I made my healthy(ish) version of chicken parmis. We had them with locally grown asparagus with a little butter and slivered almonds. The parmis had a generous serving of veges in the tomato sauce topping and of course I go light on the cheese. Leaving room to enjoy a wine or two without inhaling mega calories (not that we count them anyway).

Today I went to Bikram (hot) yoga after being away for a couple of weeks. I never cease to be amazed at how tiring a workout it is. I literally felt like I had the life sucked out of me AND I drove there and back unlike other Sundays where I've had to walk 30 mins+ each way. Now THAT is tiring. I literally drag myself home.

After yoga, brunch and a shower it was off to ice skating with my boy. My poor legs found it really hard to switch from "OMG we are SO tired" mode to "yeah we can ice skate" mode. It took quite a while before they were working properly and I could skate as opposed to just gliding along. I think the highlight was going out for a coffee and a biscuit after :-)

So on that note I'll sum up with my rough plan for the week:

Monday: leg training
Tuesday: 50 min walk (maybe 55 - 60 if I can get up straight away)
Wednesday: upper body training - no evening Bikram as I'll be working / studying
Thursday: upper body training - those bits I dont do on Wednesday
Friday: walk - aiming for at least 30 minutes in anticipation of a late night studying on Thursday.

If I achieve 80% of that I'll be really happy. Oh and of course there's the food side of things but that seems to be going ok so I'll live by the motto: IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT.

Cheers all til Friday

M

3 comments:

  1. I hope your 'staying off the internet' plans go better than mine do! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Magda, and look forward to hearing how your week went...and you'd better NOT reply!!!LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I stayed off for the week. SO happy to be back now though :-)

    ReplyDelete