Saturday, October 22, 2011

CRAZINESS AND CHAOS

Today really enforced just how tough last week was. I can normally switch off and relax fairly easily but for a number of reasons, today was just madly hectic and my fuse was short and the feelings of craziness and chaos were with me for most of the day. And these are feelings that dont sit well with me. I can handle them for limited periods and with a big effort I can control them but this week they beat me and even today they were trying hard to take over. Fortunately I had wised up and was better prepared for them and all was good with eating today. I even managed a short walk this morning after doing sweet FA since last Monday.

It wasnt until Peter and I sat down to beer o'clock just after 5pm that I felt like I could relax - until I got up to cook the 5 course dinner I had planned LOL - seriously!! At beer o'clock we normally chat about our training plans for the following day to make sure we are in synche and we each get done what we plan for that day. Well I was a bit wishy washy about what I wanted to do tomorrow and it was Peter who piped up and encouraged me to go to Bikram yoga - virtually insisting that I go. Now this is a bit ironic because lately he's made it known very subtley that he finds it annoying when I go to yoga - just little quips about how much time it takes up, how I could get so much more done at home if I didnt go .... yada yada yada. BUT he knows that it is relaxing and stress relieving and hence I'm now being pushed to go. Mind you - no complaints here - so off I'll go.

After that we have a family day out at Glenelg before Peter flies to Hobart for a Monday meeting. Hopefully the combination of yoga, lunch out and some fun at Glenelg is just what the doctor ordered. I may even have some more crazy pics to share :-)

M

2 comments:

  1. Whatever is going on for you Magda ask yourself "what would the compassionate voice say?"

    Take it easy sweetie. Be kind to you. xxx

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelley. I have been doing well on all fronts but the pressure and work expectations just overwhelmed me last week. I was a bit of a train wreck. But I know what you mean and I know this week will be a damn sight better - it'll just take some planning and awareness to get there.

    ReplyDelete