Friday, October 7, 2011

KEEPING THE BALANCE FRONT AND CENTRE

Today I completed the last of 6 modules that were my management training course. We have an exam next Friday and a work based project due early next year to complete the course. All I can say is "phew". I've loved the intellectual stimulation that an adult learning environment provides. The topics have been interesting and well presented ... even if I did come out of some with my brain feeling like it had been fried. A group of my course colleagues went out for a drink after we finished today and it was a great mini wind down.

I wont go on about work because little will change over the next few weeks but I will say that at the end of week one, the ship is still sailing in the right direction. I'm happy with that ... albeit keeping it going is exhausting LOL.

Family time has been ok under the circumstances. Today my boy spent the day at a friend's place which was a win win for us and the other family as both boys are only children so having a friend to play with is a real bonus. For us, it gave grandma and grandpa a day off.

On the health and fitness front I'm pleased that Tuesday's gastro lurgy did not hang around and I bounced back fairly quickly on Wednesday. I've maintained a good combination of weights and walking but sadly the Bikram yoga has been off my schedule. In fact, I did a killer back and chest session on Monday which left me with some serious DOMS on Tuesday. So not only was I battling the wierd tummy and associated aches and pains from feeling sick but every upper body movement was mega painful too. I remember undressing to get into bed (at 4.30pm) and not being able to get my bra off because my arms were too sore to reach behind LOL.

So thats been my week and I'm in a good place physically and emotionally and therefore I feel I can handle just about anything. Now the challenge is to keep this balance and positive outlook front and centre.

Cheers all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment