Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I BEEN SICK

We had a fabulous weekend celebrating our niece's 1st birthday. The in-laws arrived home from their OS holiday and came straight to Adelaide for the event. Lots of time spent together which is always very enjoyable.

What wasnt so enjoyable though was the lurgy that had made its way through our family: SIL was sick on Thursday; BIL was sick on Friday and into the weekend as well; MIL got it Monday and sadly threw up the beautiful lunch I made :-( and then I got it yesterday. Nausea, no apetite whatsoever, shivering cold, achey and just blaaah all day. When I say "no apetite" it was more a case of "I dont dare eat or I'm sure I'll throw it up." I left work at 4pm (happy I lasted that long) and came home straight to bed, cranked my electric blanket up to 3 and shivered through the next 4 hours.

Luckliy my iron constitution kicked in and I'm ok today. Work is ridiculously busy and there have been moments when I've really felt the strain but then Peter told me how much extra I got in my pay and it eased the pain somewhat :-) Despite the illness I'm maintaining balance, nurturing my health and wellbeing and pouring energy into my job. My boy hasnt been totally neglected either and I even managed to bake a cake and make cheese scones for Peter to take to work for morning tea.

Director by day. Domestic goddess by night. LOL

M

4 comments:

  1. Magda, you are doing an AMAZING job balancing everything including sickness in this role you are filling at the moment. BTW - i have enjoyed reading your blog for a while now - thought it was about time I left a comment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryanne. Thanks for coming out as somebody who enjoys my blog.

    LOL Sandra.

    Thanks Liz. My iron constitution has served me well yet again. I was ok yesterday and no probs today.

    ReplyDelete