Saturday, July 2, 2011

ROLLING TO AN END

Well folks the end is in sight for my 10 week turnaround. I know this beacuse we are now less than one week away from going on holidays and it was for that holiday that I thought it was SO important to weigh a certain amount and lose a certain number of centimetres and be able to do boy pushups etc etc etc.

I spent 4 or 5 weeks stressing about how much bread in was having, making sure I didnt have too much fruit, carfeully ordering only a regular and not a medium cappuccino blah blah blah. Then there was the running no matter how much pain it caused not just during the run but even worse afterwards. I mean, what does it matter if I can barely sit for 20 minutes because of the shooting pains in my legs. Or if I walk like an 80 year old partly disabled person as I hobble everywhere quietly whincing in pain.

And then as a reward for all of this exemplary effort the Metal Monster would drop wildly (yippee) ...... and then ricochet back up again (er not so yippee). And on those ricochets up it would do my head in and then I'd be shackin up with the Binge Monster again.

Well about 3 weeks ago I finally woke up and decided to try something different. I decided to give up trying to lose weight. I decided to have a treat every day to practice moderation in place of my usual all / nothing thinking and I (after much deliberation) decided to take a break from running. I reset my training goal to simply move for at least 30 minutes at least half of the days of the week. And most importantly I would stay off the scales and use my clothes and how I look naked as my check if I was heading for Michelin Man status.

So as I'm a few days away from going on holiday and the "10 Week Turnaround" title will go shortly, this morning I decided to do a MM check to see if my estimation of my weight was in the ballpark. And guess what - it was REALLY close. (I'm sitting in the low 66s).

Peter and I chatted about this over beer o'clock today and his comment was "Dear you look good and the main thing is that you're happy at this weight. In fact I'd be happy if you were happy at 72kgs." I love my man - for him its about being relaxed, happy in your skin and enjoying life (including good food and wine) and not about rippling muscles, veins popping and single digit body fat.

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Yay for fabulous husbands who speak the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Magda :)

    Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristy (glad to see you're able to leave comments now)

    ReplyDelete