Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SINGAPORE: SHOPPING HEAVEN

Well its time to share some of my shopping delights with you. Unfortunately Blogger hasnt put my pics up in the order I wanted and I havent got all eveining to muck around trying to get it looking right so you'll have to bear with me as I hop around the place and tell my shopping story.


The pic below is from a store called Rayure (which has an Australian equivalent Comme Ci Comme Ca (apologies if this spelling is incorrect) in Sydney. The fashions are French using  very high quality stretch fabrics that have beautiful hold, beautiful patterns and come in variations of black and white. I bought something from Rayure on my last trip so a return visit and some extra purchases ware a must. Here is the summer top I bought there.



I discovered a store called Wallis which is a UK based label. They had the most beautifully coloured clothes in lovely brights and pastels and after a long winter of dreary blacks and greys I'll be looking forward to wearing this summer dress.


Below left is a top from my favourite label - DKNY. Every time I go overseas I buy something from this label as its very hard to get in Australia- let alone in Adelaide. The photo didnt turn out great but its a black Tshirt with lots of tiny gold sequins for bling. The material is soft and flowing so will fall nicely and sit very flatteringly.

On the right is my favourite item of all. This is from Rayure as well. When I tried this dress on it just looked AWESOME. The stretch fabric has a strong hold so it hides the lumps and bumps but because I'm fairly curvy with a naturally flat stomach it looks very flattering and dare I say ... sexy (blushing). The shop assistant even said to me "you lucky, you have flat tummy" and that was AFTER a big buffet breakfast LOL. I'll be wearing this one on Christmas Day - even if its 15 degrees here LOL.


As you can see, this shopping trip was pretty much about colour and choosing some brights to brighten the days. I saw this pink skirt in Zara and fell in love with it. I then went back to the store one quieter morning to try it on and ended up with 3 items (a camel coloured skirt with a wide brown belt and a lilac tank top which I didnt take pics of).


My second DKNY purchase was this dress below. Grey, I know but I have a nice red skivvy like top that goes really well it. Oh and red boots too. I luuuurve my red boots that I've now had for about 3 years. The tie around the waist reaches around and I tie it behind for a more shapely, less bag-lady look.


Oops, almost forgot this gem from Zara as well. Love love love the colours for a guaranteed winter pick-me-up. It looks a bit shapeless on the hanger but looks great with fitted pants or my knitted black skirt as it balances out the shapehugging bottoms.


And who could resist these babies??!! Because a girl can never have too many sexy killer red heels (I forgot I have some already but quite as wild as these). These will be my Christmas Day shoes with red jewellery to match. For a killer heel they are surprisingly comfortable but honestly, who cares. You dont buy a shoe like these for comfort LOL.


Well I stopped taking pics there. But that wasnt all of it. Yes I had an absolute ball giving my credit card the workout of its life and I'm SO happy with everything I bought. I attacked the shops with gusto and relished feeling so good about myself and about shopping up big.

A few comments / observations from my shopping adventures:

  • No matter how hard or where I tried, I couldnt get pants, capri pants or jeans to fit. EVERYTHING had a skinny tapered calf and wouldnt fit over my big ex aerobic instructor calves.

  • Same with workout gear. The sports store I went into had a very limited range of women's leggings / tights and the sizing was on the small side. Their stocks were low (hardly any medium or large sizes) and after trying on about 4 or 5 pieces I left empty handed.

  • Singapore has lots of cheap shoes. Most of them feel cheap when you wear them. They dont fit well and are very uncomfortable. I wouldnt buy closed in shoes there as leather is just about unheard of and I dont fancy sweating it out in a vinyl shoe all day - no matter how great it looks.

Well I better bid a fond good night now as I'm very tired but I hope you enjoyed looking at the fruits of my labour ... of love. LOL.

M

Stupid Blogger. I almost missed this top from Rayure as well. A nice contrast to the mainly white with a bit of black one that I already have. I cant wait to wear this out soon.

5 comments:

  1. Oh la la! Bling bling! S-E-X-Y!

    As for the bottoms, I found the same too in Vietnam, etc. I think Asian's generally are straight up and down, not curvy, and therefore all their pants are TINY!

    Doesn't matter, you're a winner (and a fantastic shopper) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you leave anything for other shoppers, Magda?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous...;)

    Love your taste in clothes, Magda, and when you've got the bod for it - flaunt it! You're gonna look damn hot on Christmas Day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shopping Magda, love all the photos!

    Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley I think you've hit the nail on the head. Mind you I dont know what the Levis store would have had. But after being constantly disappointed with all the other pants / jeans, I just couldnt be bothered any more. And Peter said "just buy your jeans at home where you know you'll get a good fit."

    LOL Kerryn. Er, just a few things left behind for others. I was a woman on a mission and that was to reap the most I could out of the Great Singapore Sale (and I did).

    Thanks Sandra. I'm also hoping I get a Melbourne Cup invite this year so I can take the white dress out for a trial run first. I cant wait to wear it.

    Thanks Kristy. As I said, there was more but I stopped there to avoid overkill.

    ReplyDelete