Wednesday, July 6, 2011

PRE BEDTIME QUICKIE

Just a quick post before bedtime.

Its been really busy here but I'm feeling pretty good about catching up with work stuff, knocking off another 2 day module of my management training course, spending some quality time with our extended family and getting ready to go on holidays (tomorrow).

2 years ago we went to Singapore around this time of year. I remember vividly weighing around the 70kg mark and feeling awful about myself. I remember putting on my white shorts and then seeing my fat lilly white legs and feeling even worse. Although I enjoyed that holiday, I didnt feel good within myself.

This time I feel fantastic. Yes the number on the scales is a lot better but its more than that. Its about opening my mind to new possibilities. Its about letting go of the burning yet draining desire to lose weight, to be thinner, leaner, smaller, better. Its about saying "hey I can eat xx if I want to and it'll be ok if I do." Its about realising what REALLY matters and letting go of the stuff that doesnt.

I'm not saying I've got it all down pat. I'm sure I have quite a way to go. But in making some small physical and mental changes I've achieved a couple of big things - I've been binge free for 4 weeks (Friday) AND my weight has dropped a little more (again).

Good night all

M

7 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!! Enjoy your holiday:)

    Gillian xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Magda. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic holiday Magda :)

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Magda. Have a fantastic time!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Magda, have a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're having a wonderful Holiday Magda and enjoyed all that shopping in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete