Friday, July 22, 2011

BIRTHDAY STORIES

I've been enjoying a rather fantastic birthday celebration this week. I'm one of those people who believe in spreading the joy over more than one day and this year has been no different.

Because of our holiday we agreed that we wouldnt go "top shelf" for my birthday dinner out. Given the choice between Peter buying me a present or putting that money towards my shopping, I chose the shopping option. Both of these factors left Peter feeling that my birthday was a bit of a let down this year.

Honestly he couldnt be more wrong and I told him so in no uncertain terms. To be in a hot climate when Adelaide is wallowing in the depths of a cold snap one week before my birthday is, in my opinion - TOTAL BLISS. Couple this with the shopping I did and you've pretty much got the equivalent of a pig in shit LOL. Oh and our "not top shelf" dinner out will be at one of our local restaurants that just happens to make the BEST spaghetti marinara imaginable. I mean, I can hardly plead "oh hard done by" can I?

I enjoyed lunch out yesterday with my work friends. We just went up the road to a cheap and cheerful Thai restaurant where I had a laksa. After work our small family (3 of us) went to one of our local cafes where I knew the salt and pepper squid was good. It was made even better by a shared bottle of wine followed by a slice of German apple cheesecake complete with candle and Happy Birthday sung by my boys LOL. I was spoilt with a book (Lance Armstrong's "Its not about the bike") and a bunch of pink roses too.

Today my BF the lovely Miss E came in to have lunch with me and pasta was enjoyed (I'm still looking forward to it tomorrow night) with a glass of red and lots of conversation and laughs. My tummy is happy. My soul is happy. What more could I want?

Tomorrow will wrap it up and then in September we do it all again for Peter's birthday. Unfortunately I have no birthday pics as they are on other people's cameras. Oh well the Singapore pics will have to do.




6 comments:

  1. Magda, I LOVE birthdays, why not stretch out the celebration as long as you can? ... oh, and it doesn't sound to me like you were very "hard done by" at all...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and it doesn't sound to me like you were very "hard done by" at all.. EXACTLY Sandra. What was my hubbie thinking???

    I did for sure thanks Liz.

    Thanks Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete