Tuesday, April 26, 2011

READY, SET .....

Today is officially my "ready, set ..." day - you know, what comes directly before "GO". Sort of like the eve of the turnaround. Sounds important and significant, doesnt it? Well it is. I cant continue on as I have been doing over the last 5 days, last 5 weeks and probably even longer than that. I dont feel good physically. I dont feel good mentally and I know its time to take back my control, take ownership of my choices and decisions and commit to some positive new behaviours.

I'm not a fan of Pauline Nordin and I dont aspire to look as lean, muscly and shredded as she does but this post from her blog today really hit home for me. Its so true that getting started can be really hard. Take me for instance, I know I should have started my turnaround on Friday or even earlier but I just couldnt be arsed. My heart wasnt in it, nor was my head and as for my stomach .. all I heard was "yes please, I'll have toasted and buttered hot cross buns for breakfast ... EVERY DAY."

Pauline says "Many times we get stronger from being weak. Even though you might believe you lost your dedication and determination, maybe losing them a bit is needed to get that edge back."

I've saved this post in my favourites so that I can refer to it when I want to throw in the towel, when again I cant be arsed and when I get those familiar thoughts of "oh just this once wont matter." I know those times will come and I'll have the choice to either make a difference or take the easy option.

So this is the last night that I talk about it. Tomorrow is "GO" day and time to "DO." There will be a weigh and measure and maybe some "before pics" (not in bikinis though - I just dont do that BS now.) My simple nutrition plan for the first 3 week block has been worked out and I have a training plan also outlined. My blog is my accountability record and I will NOT pull the plug half way, this time.

Cheers all

Magda

3 comments:

  1. Hi Magda,

    Glad I found you again! I've read through your updates.

    All the best for this next 10 weeks. I know you can do it! I really feel for you though on the injury front, - that must be frustrating!

    Pip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny magda, im on the GO tomorrow too! Unfortunately i need more than 10 weeks but hey gotta start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip. Yes I'm back. The honest truth is I missed blogging. It hasnt all been roses but I know deep down that its time to suck it up, stop f*cking around and get on with it - getting leaner, committing to healthy, sugar free eating and claiming back my fitness.

    Good on ya Shar. I know its been hard for you to get going (as it has for me too - lots of talk, little action) but I feel good making the start tomorrow. I know I need more than 10 weeks too but thats my first mile-stone as it coincides with a holiday we now have booked. Will blog more about it soon.

    ReplyDelete