Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE EVE OF MY 10KM RUN

At the end of Day 4 I'm pleased to say that all has been going well and I'm feeling SO much better than I did on Days 1 and 2. Its amazing what a difference it makes when you eat mainly good healthy food and get some training in every day.

Although I had prepared a rough eating plan for myself before I started the turnaround, I've sort of disregarded it and am just trusting myself to choose foods that will make me feel good and to not over-eat. Its been easy so far and I'm liking the feelings of genuine hunger that come from not overeating and actually being hungry for a meal. I'm also working on drinking less wine and Peter has agreed to do the same so we are in unison on that one :-)

Being on holidays has afforded me the luxury of Friday training (normally my rest day) as well as training at a civil hour - like 8.30am. It is truly bliss to not be up at crack-of-arse (stolen from Liz's blog) to train. I'm well on schedule to complete my planned training sessions this week having nailed my 2 weight sessions yesterday and today. Both were rounded off with a short burst of cardio on the exercise bike and step-ups done on the retaining wall in my back yard.

My headspace has been calm, positive and I have a good feeling about things overall. Now to bottle this so I can draw on it when back at work and facing some very busy times. I've been meaning to do a daily note of affirmations and mini journalling but never actually started it. Perhaps now would be a good time ....

Finally, tonight is the eve of the Greenbelt and I'll be running the 10kms tomorrow. I'm about as well prepared as I could be and I'm not nervous about the race. Having done very close to 100% of the training for the half marathon, what is there to worry about for 10kms (unless I lose my way or have a toilet problem LOL). I will admit here though that I am a little disappointed that I'm not doing the HM because deep down I know that being able to do it was pretty much within my control. But whats done is done and moving forward is the only option.

Please come back tomorrow for my race wrap up.

Good night all

M

2 comments:

  1. Run Magda Run!!!

    I can't wait to hear all about it when you're finished, but in the mean time have fun and good luck. :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete