Sunday, April 24, 2011

EXCELLENT EASTER

Well the reality is that I wont be reducing my weight over this Easter break. But you know what, I'm ok with that. I've really enjoyed having a toasted hot cross bun with real butter for breakfast on most days, coupled with scrambled egg whites with spinach and mushrooms. Perhaps the fat and calories of the former are balanced by the leanness of the latter LOL. There have also been some pretty wicked desserts as we are always finding some cause for a celebratory dinner with my Mother-in-law staying with us. Oh not to mention a glass of wine .... or several.

I have trained every day though, alternating between running and weight training. Yesterday I did a pretty impressive back / shoulders and tris session which left my upper body a bit numb :-) I'm due to weight train again tomorrow but after a bit of an indulgent Easter Sunday dinner at my parents place tonight, I might swap the weights for another run.

So all of my goals are on the back burner for a couple more days and then its down to serious business ... (yeah I know I've said that a 1000 times before yadda yadda yadda). But honestly after so much indulging, I start to really crave the simple lean and clean stuff, as I know others do too.

Its been a fantastic Easter and its not over yet. Loving the relaxed pace and spending time with family.

:-) M

3 comments:

  1. Hi Magda,
    I think craving lean stuff is one of the natural ways we self regulate our food intake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Liz. As much as I love the HCBs and daily desserts, I'm starting to get a bit sick of them now. (Thank goodness!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I could very easily go without another HCB or Easter Egg for at least 12 months...;)

    ReplyDelete