Wednesday, April 27, 2011

GO!!

Today is "GO" day. The start of my turnaround to get leaner, fitter and injury free. Apologies in advance if this turns into a bit of a ramble but here's the good, the bad and the stuff in between.

First up a meeting with the Metal Monster. As I fully expected, the number was back in the 70s (I had sort of hoped that I wouldnt get back there again - but hey I was pretty close before Easter so what chance did I stand after my 5 day feast on hot cross buns and other goodies??!!) At least the line has been drawn in the sand and I can set some realistic goals to work towards. First one being the sub 70 which I'm confident I'll achieve by the end of the first week. And yes my weeks will run from Wednesday to Tuesday - for now anyway. I took measurements last night as I knew I'd be pushed for time in the morning. No pics though as I didnt really have an opportunity to do any.

I went for a 40 minute run today and felt like crap, loping along like a baby elephant. I know this will improve as I start feeling a bit lighter over the coming days. Hopefully by Sunday I've got my running groove back for the Greenbelt. After one more run tomorrow, I'm resting until the race on Sunday.

My training goals this week are:

4 x runs (including the Greenbelt 10kms on Sunday)
2 x upper body weights followed by 20 mins cardio of my choice (intervals / HIIT or similar)
2 x walks of at least 40 minutes each
Rehab and stretches daily

Food was good today but a bit "untraditional" in that I didnt eat until I was hungry so first "meal" was a large skim cappuccino around 10am. This kept me going until I was quite hungry at 1pm when I was out with Peter and I had a lamb salad. Yummo. It was delicious and I ate what felt comfortable AND LEFT THE REST. (I'm not good at this, especially when the food tastes really good.) I also managed to drink 1 litre of sparkling water as I'm very dehydrated. Peter was surprised that I didnt have wine with lunch.

So here are the goals that I'm shooting for over this 10 weeks:

WEIGHT: Lose 8 kilos in total. First mini goal is sub 70. Second is sub 67. Then sub 65 and an 8 kilo loss will have me in the low 63s. (Not quite at 62 but pretty damn close).

CENTIMETRES: Ideally I'd like to shave a nice 10cms off each of my torso measurements(bust, waist and hips) and 5 off each thigh. Thats all I measure as arms and calves take care of themselves and I dont worry about those.

FITNESS: Assuming I can reduce or eliminate the effects of my injury, my goal is to run 10kms in the time I ran it when training for the HM last year. This year I was 6 minutes slower at my time trial a few weeks ago so thats a sizeable goal. I'm also aiming to do 10 push ups from my toes. Right now I can do a big fat ZERO :-(

INJURY FREE: This is my ideal but I need to consult back with my physio before I can make any educated statements and set realistic goals.

So there you have it. The changes I'm making this week are to cut right back on the alcohol and sugar. This in itself will get things moving in the right direction, I know.

Day One over and out.

:-) Magda

4 comments:

  1. Here's to being injury free for both of us shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this morning on waiting until you were hungry Magda... That the secret, eating when hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy it was easy to do after overeating during the Easter break. So when I ate, I really enjoyed my food instead of just stuffing more down.

    ReplyDelete