Friday, September 3, 2010

WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

Hello and welcome to my new blog.


Many would know me from my “Running for My Life” blog that followed my journey from a (mainly) overweight aerobics instructor to a body building figure competitor in 2007. My journey continued with two years of struggling with diets and yo-yoing weight before I finally said “no more dieting”. It was time to trust my instincts to eat well without always rebounding to my overweight self.


At around that time I discovered a love for running whereas previously it was something I tolerated and did because I felt I had to. For me it was simple, less fat on my body = increased love of running and I was hooked. With the expert guidance of http://www.patcarroll.com.au/ I trained for a half marathon and ran The Greenbelt HM in Adelaide in April of this year. My goals were to run all the way (no walk breaks) and complete it in under 2:30 and I achieved both.

But since then I’ve been plagued by chronic lower back injury which has forced me to reassess how much I run and subsequently left me feeling depressed and sorry for myself. I’ve had some miserable times lately but I’ve decided that they are over.

Today (I wrote this on 1 September), I begin a new journey to holistic wellness. I have a plan to address my lower back pain and for the first time in a VERY long time I’ll be paying more attention to my inner wellbeing. Its time to nourish my body, mind and soul so that I can get back to running, find my inner peace and achieve a sense of balance in my life.


This blog will focus on my new approach to wellness. I’ll continue to write about my training both rehab and beyond, my “food and lifestyle thoughts and facts” and my venturing into the world of the mind and soul. I hope you enjoy being a part of my journey.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Magda, just dropping in to welcome you to your new home. :)

    ...I'd better remember to bookmark the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It all sounds like an amazing and joyous journey Magda :)

    rene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great to me Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome ladies. Now lets get this show on the road.

    ReplyDelete