Thursday, September 23, 2010

FULL MOON TONIGHT

I had another physio appointment today and am pleased to report that things are improving for me even after this week of my pathetic efforts, little of which were aiding my recovery. I have had times of no pain and have learnt an effective method of releasing tightness in my sore muscles. My alignment and stability are improving, albeit slowly. Strength will come after, Miss K tells me.

I was told that it wont be long before I can jog again. Normally I'd be delighted about this but sadly my reality is that with the weight I've gained jogging wouldnt be enjoyable and I worry that the extra weight will also put unwanted stress onto my back (as I discussed with Miss K at an earlier consult). I'm not happy being in this position, I can tell you but as I said in an earlier post .... CHAPTER CLOSED.

Tonight after dinner I had cause to go to my local shopping centre and noticed that the moon was full. Maybe thats why I felt so over emotional today, fighting back the tears and snapping at people. Or maybe its just a culmination of the week of I've had and the struggles that continue to take up too much space in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, let's blame the moon. At least I stopped at one wine. LOL

    Don't worry Magda, I feel uncomfortable doing most activities at the moment, but we both know that we just have to do it anyway. Our bodies will respond, and in a few short weeks we'll be feeling bulletproof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Magda

    After my last half marathon I had gained 7kg which surprisingly didn't affect my running performance but it did affect how I felt about myself. I decided to take the bull by the horns and did a 12 week challenge which I am pleased to say did the job and I am back to where I want to be. Sometimes we need to search deep and decide what we really want and then go for it. For me failure wasn't an option and so I did what it took to get to my goals. It wasn't easy but I knew what I wanted.
    All the best with your recovery. You are definitely going in the right direction:)
    Gillian xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kek, I stopped at one wine too .... one bottle LOL.

    Thanks Gillian, after much deliberation and agonising I also know what I have to do. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete