Sunday, September 26, 2010

ORTR DAYS 1 & 2

Psycholigically I feel great starting any new fitness / health venture on a Saturday. Yep I let my hair down on Friday night (well last week my hair was down all week LOL) and then start fresh on Saturday. So Friday was home made seafood pizza, red wine and then some halva for a last little sweet treat fling.

Despite a less than pleasant encounter with the MM, I felt great on Saturday knowing that I had some goals that were based on health and fitness rather than just a number on the scale. Yes I hope the number drops but everything doesnt hinge on it this time.

I have done the walking that my physio has prescribed and have been pretty diligent with my rehab work. And yes I'm on day 2 with no added sugar (although this is not 100% correct as I have a skim cappuccino on most days and it has chocolate powder sprinkled on the top which I enjoy eating - but its a small amount so I'm not stressing about it).

So all up I feel like I'm tracking well and have things pretty well sorted now. The trick is to maintain this state, or at least when things go haywire - and we all know they will - then NOT to resort to eating my body weight in junk food. To that end I'm considering engaging a support person of some sort, like a mentor but not somebody who tells me to eat this, dont eat that and tells me off if I eat off plan. I have worked out that one of the keys to my success is to own the decisions I make about what and how I eat. I must learn to CONSISTENTLY trust my instincts about food, nutrition and all the "head stuff" that goes with it. I know I have it in me - but I often lose sight of it.

So you can tell I'm back in calm and logical mode which makes life so much simpler. Sometimes being an overemotional and oversensitive Cancerian sucks. But on the other hand I look at my ability to connect with people, empathise with them and my capacity for caring and I realise I wouldnt have it any other way.

Good night all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment