Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FEB GOAL REVIEW AND MOVING FORWARD

My February mini goals review follows.

1. Keep developing my healthy relationship with food (eg no binging) Well I was doing great until things fell apart and then they really fell apart. Last week the Binge Monster scored a win but the gloves are on and he aint winning another round. Overall the month was good but I didnt achieve my goal of sub 65. I give myself 6/10 for a good effort overall and for not letting the binge drag me into a state of "woe is me I'm a bad, bad person blah, blah, blah".

2. Complete 2 upper body training sessions / week. I managed this most of the time, maybe missing 1 or 2 sessions due to other commitments. Score 7/10.

3. Cross off the last 2 jobs on my non-negotiable list. Errr, I think they're still on the list (time to throw the list away, me thinks) LOL. 0/10.

4. ... and here's my biggie .... limit my alcohol to 2 standard drinks on the days when I do drink (usually only between Thursday and Sunday) - with one exception and thats my good friend's 50th at the end of the month. Well I was on track until last week but then I just didnt bother. End of story.


So a great month until last week but am definitely back on track now and feeling so much better for it.

Its all well and good to assess and review but what have I learnt from last month?

1. Sometimes I set goals for stuff I think I should do but that I'm not totally passionate about nor truly believe in. Or sometimes its stuff that deep down doesnt mean that much to me. From now on I want to think harder about what I put out there as my goals and not just blow a lot of hot air about.

2. When things around me changed (eg lack of routine last week) and my mindset slipped into complacency (I posted about this during the month), I lost sight of my big picture and the longer term stuff I've been working towards. Life is not a predictable ride with every twist and turn planned and I need to be more flexible in how I deal with new or challenging situations. I also need to remind myself of where I'm heading so that I stay focussed and moving forward.

Today I feel good again. I'm convinced I was dehydrated and poisoned with sugar. Both have since been rectified. The sugar will be purposely absent from my nutrition for a while longer. Legs are still sore but easing up slowly. My headspace is positive and life is looking up.

More about goals in my next post (remember I need time to assess what has meaning for me.)

Cheers

M

5 comments:

  1. Hi Magda,

    Good point about not only assessing and reviewing but also working out what you've learnt.

    I also need to be more flexible in how I deal with new situations (or a change in my regular routine).

    Glad you are feeling better today.

    Cheers,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Magda,

    Here's to setting goals we're passionate about xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte, yes I'm facing up to the reality of life and having to be more flexible while staying committed to my ultimate goals. Focus. Focus. Focus.

    Lizzie, you're really good at it. You put them out there and then you (pretty much) nail them. Oh well I have one important goal now which I'll blog about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Magda! I agree with Liz and you regarding setting goals we are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Pip I have a new philosophy about goal setting which I'll share soon.

    ReplyDelete