Tuesday, March 8, 2011

THE 55 DAY CHALLENGE - DAY 2

Day 1: all good. I even made an extra effort at Zumba last night and registered a 200+ calorie burn for the hour. Usually with so much stopping and starting and not a lot of high impact / high intensity work, I struggle to get my heart rate into my training zone - let alone keep it there.

This morning I decdided to check in with the Metal Monster just to see where I was at. So a pleasant surprise to see I'm in the 66s (66.6 precisely - we'll ignore that that's the Devil's number LOL). So I'm shooting for a total loss of at least 4.7 kgs which sounds so easy but in actual fact its harder than losing 10 kilos when you have lots of weight to lose. You know what they say about "losing the last 5." Famous people have even written books about it.

Today's challenge was an impromptu invite to lunch with the girls in my section. I had brought my lunch to work but when the invite landed in my inbox I didnt want to refuse it as its not often that we'll go out for a social catch up. I also know that the pub we were going to makes a lovely salt and pepper squid with chips and salad which I usually have with a buttered turkish bread roll (not exactly the sort of lunch that will help me lose this last 5).

But today I made a serious attempt to break that habit and ordered a squid and chicken salad instead. I skipped the buttered roll and had 1 glass of wine which was a very reasonable compromise, I thought. A couple of hours later and I'm getting hungry so the meal wasnt too big or too heavy.

Training today was my upper body weights circuit repeated 3 times followed by a little core strengthening work. All up 30 minutes of muscle stimulation chosen because it was raining and I didnt want to run in the rain. Mum is making pancakes (crepe style ones) tonight, it being Shrove Tuesday and I plan to have one after dinner of roasted chook and veges. Hopefully tomorrow is fine and I can do my next training run.

Headspace is pretty good so cruising and looking forward to Day 3.

:-) Magda

6 comments:

  1. Top job Magda! You will crack this!

    I was happy to register a gain of just under a kilo, (a cheats weigh in as I wasn't supposed to get on mine till next month) during my SA trip. I'm just a couple of hundred grams over the 72kg mark now and am on track now. I have a reasonable amount of room for a dietary clean up and really look forward to cracking down with slightly more determination and losing a bit more midriff flab and getting under the 68kg/25% BF mark! Look forward to following your journey!

    Pip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in the 66's Magda! From the sound of things, you won't be there long.
    I hope to be able to announce that I've hit the 69's in the next week or so...

    Sandra
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pip, I thought you looked great and a gain of less than a kilo after a bit of an indulgent weekend is pretty good. I'd be happy with that knowing that it will go quickly once diet and training get back to normal. I'm sure you'll hit the sub 68s fairly quickly with that level of determination.

    Hahahaha Sandra. I hope my time in the 66s is short indeed but my challenge will be to get through the 65s as that was my stumbling block last time. Oh well. One step at a time and just keep building on our daily good choices and habits. Good luck ditching the 70s and venturing into the next zone. I look forward to your announcement.

    Cheers

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to lose these last 5kg for WEEKS! Would be nice if we could drop them as quickly as we could drop the others. Nice work on breaking the habit at lunch xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magda, it's funny that you had "trouble" with the 65's in the past - I always have trouble with the 66's...would be nice to avoid them altogether ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alicia, I'm at my second attempt at the last 5 and I know its gonna be tough (thats being realistic, not pessimistic!!) But well worth aiming for so ONWARDS.

    Yes Sandra, breaking the 65 barrier is tough for me. I did it at the beginning of last year and got down into the 62s. I felt AWESOME then but wasnt committed to maintaining it. Hence I say .... here we go again.

    Cheers

    Magda

    ReplyDelete