Monday, March 7, 2011

THE 55 DAY CHALLENGE.

Today I draw the line in the sand and recommit to my goal of running the Greenbelt HM on 1 May at sub 62kgs. A couple of weeks ago I wavered off course and ended up faffing around. Even after writing this post my commtiment lasted a day before I was faffing around again. I just havent been in the right headspace and have been too relaxed with wine, sweets and other treats. I saw the 65s but seemed to get stuck there and am now back in the 67s (have not weighed but I can feel it).

Yesterday I uploaded some pics taken a week ago at a friend's party. Although I looked quite good with my makeup beautifully done and my hair nice, I was horribly shocked at my size. OK I'm not huge and as a before pic its not THAT bad but regardless I thought "gee am I THAT big?" Add to that a very distinct spreading of my mid section at this weight and the warning bells have gone off loud and clear. Its time to suck it up, reign it in and focus on achieving this goal not just for aesthetic reasons but for health reasons too. I wont go on about how much easier and more enjoyable it is to run at a lighter weight and how much less strain it puts on my injured joints and muscles.

Over the next 8 weeks I'll be using my blog to document this journey. Yep it'll be 90% about my headspace (most important ingredient), diet (second most important) and training. I need to be "accountable" and I find the writing quite therapeutic. I've chosen to do this alone with a little (or maybe a lot) of help from a silent "friend". More about that later.

So here's to Day 1 of 55. I've done a killer sprint training session this morning and have all my meals planned and under control. Headspace is good with a strong sense of commitment and determination (as you'd expect seeing I'm "starting over".) First mini goal is sub 65 at which point I'll decide on an appropriate reward.

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Hey magma

    Counting down with you and looking forward to hearing about your 1/2 M journey.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shar, I realise that unless I make a damned good and concentrated effort, this 5 -6 kilos just aint gonna go on its own. So time to suck it up and get on with it.

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Magda. It's too easy to relax especially when it comes to enjoying the odd treat...I think you've inspired me to come up with a post about it.
    Looking forward to sharing the journey.
    xoxox
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandra I'm the queen of relaxed and the first to have my glass out when a wine (or 5) is on offer. But to lose the last 5 kilos will require some serious determination so I cant afford to live by that super relaxed attitude all the time.

    ReplyDelete