Friday, March 18, 2011

BLOGGING OVER AND OUT

There seems to be a bit of a flurry of bloggers taking time out from or just quitting blogging. I've decided to join those ranks.

I'm now well into my management training course at Adelaide Uni and seeing that work is kindly paying for this training, I feel its only right to give back proportionately. This means doing my assignments on the weekends and course reading in the evenings. This will continue into January or February of next year and then I'll reassess my commitment to further study.

My son is finding this year at school very challenging and I need to spend more time helping him get settled into a good study routine. There is more to this than I'm prepared to write about but as Peter said recently "the honeymoon is over and we need to step up our support."

Sadly I havent had a significant lotto win so work is a constant in my life. I have my ups and downs as everybody does I'm sure.

On the health and fitness front its the same old and this is one of the reasons I've decided not to blog. Frankly I'm sick of writing about how marvellously I'm doing one minute and then in the next minute I'm binging again. I ask myself "whats the point of putting it out there?" and I no longer have a good reason. 

I know I over think and over analyse and flit from one perspective to another and back again. I think I have a way to go before I find "my way" and I'd rather keep that journey private. I bore myself with my writings sometimes.

Finally the Half Marathon is fast approaching but I'm no longer confident that I'll run it. Frankly its a physical struggle as well as a mental one. I'm not rushing my decision though and will give it at least another week to see how I fare. Running for an hour + 40 last weekend left me very stiff and sore. I'm dreading this weekend's 2 hour run.

So thats it folks. I wave a farewell and although I'm leaving on a bit of a down note I just want to include some pics that make me proud and happy.

Almost at the finish line of my 2010 Half Marathon.

From this in December 2006.

To this in October 2007.

My family (lazy bunch!!)

Just the three of us.


And my friends.

And I like how I look in this picture. I felt great that night.

Cheers all

M

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm magda, sad to see you not blogging, but having made that decision myself earlier today I totally understand.
    Just for the record, I didn't mind your flitting between greets and not so, that's life, you shouldn't worry about it, if people don't like it they don't have to read, if it helps you too blog then you should.

    Good luck with the 1/2 if you do it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, I will miss you! I feel we are similar in a lot of ways...hey, the ups and downs are REAL life, and that's what I enjoyed about your posts. Thank You for inspiring me to run! I am still at such early stages, but I do it for fun, and because I like what it does for me (body and mind)
    Take care, and if you ever come back to Blogging, I'll be there to catch up!

    Cheers,

    Sandra
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magda

    I have loved reading your blogs so will really miss hearing how things are going for you. Being a fellow runner I have been able to totally identify with your highs and lows. I also understand the stresses of how it affects your body and trying to fit everything in with work and family.
    Take care and hopefully we might hear from you again in the future.
    If you do decide to do the half could you sent a quick blog about how you went:)
    Take care,
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your blog posts but sounds like you have plenty of other things going on right now. Good luck with everything. Cheers, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do Magda. Stay well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss your blog posts too - but as the others said, sounds like you've got a lot on at the moment, and those things need your focus.

    Take care

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! something in the air! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss you Magda, but I am blogging on :)
    Hugs
    Liz;)(

    ReplyDelete
  9. we all need a break sometimes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Magda,

    Sorry to hear you are not blogging for a bit. I will be back to mine in the next day or two, - just a case of being ultra busy for me as of recent.

    Really hope the niggles settle down and you manage to run the up and coming half marathon. I can fully imagine how frustated you would be feeling at the moment but.

    All the best for the study! Learning new stuff and getting new qualifications always rocks.

    And finally, - you look fit and hot in all your photos! I would love to now have a waist and tummy as yours looks in your Christmas bikini 2006 pics! Naturally fit!

    All the best with everything,

    Pip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magda I can relate to your reasons for stopping blogging as the same as mine...

    We will stay in contact :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magda, I totally get where you are coming from. Life keeps on getting busier and busier. I'm going to miss your blog and hope that you will get back into when you feel like it :o)

    ReplyDelete