Friday, March 4, 2011

SOME RELIEF

Thank you to all the bloggers who commented or contacted me personally after my last desperate post. Your thoughtfulness and kindness is really appreciated. I read the comments and spent a couple of days digesting them (as is my usual way). There is some great advice there that I'll pick up on.

The chiro today was good as he did some serious ITB releases which had me on the verge of screaming the surgery down. I also got some effective relief just through TOM arriving. Which brings me to the realisation that in the lead up to TOM my lower back, glutes and legs will usually be more sensitive and prone to pain, irrespective of what else I may be doing or have done in the lead up. To monitor this I'm going to start a diary to record a whole lot of physical and emotional stuff to confirm that pattern.

I'm running for 1 hour tomorrow so we'll see just how I do and how I pull up after. Come back to read about it.

M

3 comments:

  1. You know, Magda, it's common to get pain in your legs and butt with TOM - perhaps something as simple as heat therapy will help when that happens?

    ITB release treatment is a barrel of laughs, isn't it? :o/ I want to smack my physio in the head when he does it. So far I've refrained. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda have you tried self myofascial release with a foam roller? Hubby and I use one every day pre-training to roll our muscles, including ITB. Here's what got us first started. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I can see a pattern forming now Kek but I just forget to monitor when TOM is due. My cycles are getting shorter too and after decades of no period pain, I now get it every month. Ah chchchchanges ... the big M must be approaching. Oh and as for the ITB release, the massuere is relatively gentle but the chiro has me laying on my side and he uses his arms to apply the pressure. I swear I'm panting like in labour (and I dont even know what thats like) just to survive. LOL.

    Oh Lia I have such an arsenal of rehab exercises that I do daily but the SMR is intermittent. Probably should add it to my daily list.

    ReplyDelete