Friday, December 31, 2010

WRAPPING UP 2010

On the last day of the year there is only one thing to do and that is to wrap up the year that was.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Running my first half marathon in under 2:30.
Being made permanent in my current job.
Buying our house in an area we love living in.
Finishing the year stronger than I had been for several months.

LOWLIGHTS:

My back injury and it's effect on my psyche, let alone how it affected my training.
Peter had a really tough year and I worried about him a lot.
Missing out on a personal development course that work had recommended me for.
My uncle died 4 days before my birthday.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNT:

I am not invincible. My back injury came out of the blue and debilitated me both physically and emotionally. It was back to basics for me to rehabilitate it and I have learnt unequivicobly that if I want to do what the average 40 something year old doesn't normally do, then I have to treat my body with care and respect. AND COMMIT TO IT. As I said, I am not invincible.

Today as I did my 1 hour 10 min training run in the very hilly streets of Sunshine Beach I was chugging slowly up a particularly fierce hill. Then I realized that I actually had more in me and I picked up my pace and broke into an almost run. "come on Magda, push it" was my mantra and I guess I haven't done too much of that in the latter part of 2010.

Here's to pushing it in 2011.

Cheers all and see you on the other side.

Magda

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Magda, hope your New Year is full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz and to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Magda, I hope you have a wonderful 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kristy. I wish the same for you. I hope we can catch up again soon. Maybe after I'm back from holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Magda. I hope 2011 brings all you hope for:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Push it, push it good! Salt n Pepper I think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gillian and to you as well. The 1st of May will tell for me. What are your goal's or aspirations?

    Hey Shelley - got it in one. LOL push it good, indeed!

    HNY to you as well Michelle. I hope you enjoy your camping holiday.

    ReplyDelete