Sunday, December 26, 2010

A QUICK CATCH UP

Oh my it's been a busy time.

We had Christmas with my family on the 19th. We hosted it and it was lovely. I then got a nasty sore throat but had to get through 2 more days at work. The running training got shelved in an attempt to survive the lead up to Christmas without getting sick.

We left for Queensland on the 22nd, drove a decent 1465 kms in 14 hours and 38 minutes on day one and cruised in the remaining 700 or so kms on the 2nd day. We're with my in laws now on the Sunshine Coast. It's been raining every day.

I've gotten back into my running but the first session after the drive was very painful. I barely managed a Cliff Young shuffle until I was well warmed up after about 20 minutes. Then stuck it out for 1 hour and 10 mins. I had a massage later that morning and felt great again. I can highly recommend metamassage.com.au for a great massage at a very reasonable price.

Christmas day was awesome. Lovely food. Wine enjoyed but not overdone (go me!) Lots of pressies. A wonderful family day.

Today it was sprint training to start with followed by a nice breakfast and then just a day of chilling out, playing board games, reading, watching DVDs, eating and drinking some more. It hasn't stopped raining yet which is a bit disappointing but we'll enjoy the other activities.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying a bit of down time. I'm off to do a bit more reading before lunch time.

Cheers

Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment