Wednesday, October 20, 2010

THE GAME OF SILLY BUGGERS

This week the MM has decided to play Silly Buggers and reward my hard work with a 1/2 kilo gain. I shake my head bemused at its inconsistency but deep down I know that this is quite normal for me. I lose weight drastically and easily in the first couple of weeks and then it screams to a halt and hovers.

Whilst I have enjoyed some foods that dont qualify as "diet foods" I know they have been in very moderate quantities and have been balanced with lots of lean and clean meals as well. Plus I have walked / walk/jogged or done Zumba consistently so I will persevere and just wait for those numbers to head downwards.

Mind you I'd be lying if I pretended that I still felt great but thats life and I'm determined to deal with this like a big girl and not eat my body weight in junk food "to make me feel better." I guess this is where you no longer feed off motivation but dig deep and just do what needs doing to get the job done.

So to finish on a happy and positive note, I'm at 26 days sugar free (feel GREAT about that!!) and today I did my first continuous run (well Cliff Young Shuffle actually) for 30 minutes. I was sore to start with but the pain eased and I felt ok for most of the run from then on. I hope this is a big leap in my road to recovery and that its all uphill from here.

:-) Magda

3 comments: