Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 DAYS SUGAR FREE

Well hard to believe that another weekend has drawn to a close. My they disappear in the blink of an eye.

On Friday night I went to dinner with the school mums. It was a great night with lots of chatter about everything imaginable. I dont get along to many social functions due to work commitments but when I can, I love it.

Saturday was very busy. Ignoring that I was on a tight timeline, I headed out for a 35 minute jog with 25 minutes walking added to it. Fantastic effort and so far all good with the jogging. Then I prepared for a family dinner that night. I made a fudgy chocolate cake for dessert (YUK - absolutely no desire to have any myself) and Peter webered a boned leg of lamb (marinated Greek style - olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper) and some spinach and mushroom stuffed chicken thigh fillets. I did a tray of roast potatoes and steamed some veges and voila - dinner for 9 no problems.

Unfortunately our boy had a pesky bout of diarrhea overnight necessitating my help to clean up the pooey mess he managed to get himself into. Subsequently I had a sleep in this morning and then got stuck into the domestic chores  :-(

Finally I have clocked up 30 days sugar free - if you dont count a little bit of BBQ sauce, chocloate sprinkle on my cappuccino and the sugar in a salad dressing I used previously. All small amounts that I'm not the least bit stressed over. This has made the world of difference to my whole psyche because I have to admit that since Thursday I have struggled to keep my nutrition tight and have overeaten on a couple of occassions. But because I havent fallen into the sugar trap I've managed a better level of control than on previous occassions.

I think I have some evaluating to do soon based on goals set about 4 weeks ago. Time to look back at what I said and how I've fared. Stay tuned folks.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment