Thursday, November 29, 2012

SELF PSYCHOLOGY WRAP UP

Its been a crazy couple of days at work and although I've managed a 5 minute visit here, there hasn't been time to gather my thoughts on my last post and the comments received. Today I'm coming up for air and giving this another bash.

I guess its no surprise that there is a wide spectrum of opinion on the topic of weight loss/management. I believe there is no universal right answer. A philosophy and approach that works for some might fail dismally for others. Beliefs too, vary greatly probably based on our personalities and life experiences. Whilst I consider myself to be somewhat of a naval gazer (when time permits) Peter, my husband would consider that a total waste of time. For him things are basically black and white whereas I sometimes get lost in the grey. (Traditional Virgo vs Cancer traits).

When I write a post like my Self Psychology 101 its usually at a time when I'm trying to find my way in that area of grey. I can clearly see what hasn't worked and I start to doubt the stuff that has. Which leads me to search for something that may or may not exist (again that is a perspective thing based on one's personal beliefs). I guess the question left in my mind is "why is the consistency so hard to maintain?" Perhaps if the answer was simple we wouldn't have such a large % of the population overweight or obese. But this isn't about solving the nation's obesity crisis, its about understanding myself so I can break out of the cycle. That's where the psyche bit comes in. 

I've considered coaching which has worked well for me before and it might be time to invest in a refresher. I have something in the pipeline - just testing the waters at this stage. I'm also likely to enrol in this seminar which will be run again in February next year. Whilst I don't know Amelia personally I know enough about her to be interested in her story and the key to her success now. I'll be the annoying one asking lots of questions and whilst I don't aspire to be a fitness model, I hope to get lots of good advice and inspiration from the day.

Finally, thanks to everybody who left me a comment (or a blog post) even though I haven't acknowledged them personally. Each comment has resonated with me in some way because I still have an open mind on this whole issue. My other go-to-phylosophist is none other than Craig Harper  who's style and messages also resonate well with me. Funnily enough, Craig is pretty black and white so maybe deep down I am too. (Now there's some food for thought).

I'll finish with this saying that I have stuck on my office wall in full view when I sit at my desk and computer. I recall pinching it from Shelley's blog or FB but apologise that I don't know the author.

When the world is crazy, be calm.
When the chatter is too loud, be silent.
When your head is spinning, stand still.
Allow some space around you and look within for the love you seek.
Never forget to sit and breathe, for in stillness all answers will come.

             



 

No comments:

Post a Comment