Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DEALING WITH CHRONIC ACHILLES TENDONITIS

Dealing with my chronic achilles tendonitis has had its ups and downs. I've had some good days and some not so good. I've accepted this as normal and not stressed about it. I bought my sensible (ugly) nana shoes and have been wearing them to work. I showed them off to Peter on the first day and his comment was "they could be worse."
 
My foot is still strapped (taped) up and I'm liking it. Without strapping this morning, it was quite sore to get walking and even in my sensible shoes I rolled off them twice. My podiatrist has given the ok for a gentle run tomorrow so I'll be keen to see how I go. I plan to do 5 mins each of walking/running intervals for a total of 40 mins. If I make it without any problems I'll be really happy.
 
I might be light on the blogging over this and next week as I'm work shadowing the head of our department so my work day is a blur of back to back meetings to give me a better understanding of her job. And no its not so I can take over (God forbid!!) but to better understand our organisation and 2 others from a strategic perspective. Meeting with our Minister today was interesting to say the least. Its a busy time thats for sure.
 
Although I have lots to say time has run out so I'll bid all good night til next time.
 
M

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're coping well with the exercise restrictions and the mental challenges of injury, Magda. Good luck with your run! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerryn,
    I confess to a few slack days over the weekend partly due to a full schedule but also just not feeling inspired to row or ride the spin bike. I'm in a better place now though :-) and today's run was good ;-)

    M

    ReplyDelete