Monday, November 5, 2012

GOING NOWHERE

I can honestly say I'm feeling that 'mouse in a turning wheel going nowhere' feeling. You know the one I mean, where a mouse just runs and runs in a fast spinning wheel. The wheel turns, the mouse gets tired but nothing changes as he goes nowhere.

Since I have achieved a weight loss that has me around the 67 kg mark, things have become a little complacent, a little bit too relaxed and a little bit less focussed. I know I look better and I feel better and so there is less 'urgency' to work hard. Except I'm still way off my goal of fitting into some of my nicer summer (and winter) clothes so stopping here is not what I want. I'm actually in a bit of a no man's land.

Take this weekend for example. On Friday night we went to the opening night of a Vietnamese restaurant where dinner was a banquet with most of the substantial food being served quite late. At least I didn't drink much as I was driving. Then yesterday afternoon a group of mums from school had a baby shower high tea at the Intercontinental (Adelaide's premier 5 star hotel). Oh my, it was superb but after champagne, a salmon wrap and numerous little sweets I felt rather bleeeeurgh. 

Today I'm suffering the effects of a bad night's sleep, the 'post crap food slump' and that nagging knowledge that I aint getting any closer to my weight loss goals :-( So much for banishing sugar when our admin assistant brought in a home made cake (beetroot and chocolate) and for a myriad of reasons it was just better to accept a small piece of it *sigh*.

Sorry for the whinge. I know this is all within my control and in the big overall scheme I'm doing really well, its just that these constant little setbacks are starting to really frustrate me. I know I just need to pull my head in and do what needs to be done and stop being all sooky lala about it.

Thanks for listening.

M

    

 

5 comments:

  1. Whinge away!

    I know exactly how you feel. My weekends are my undoing ... I will eat so well throughout the week and then the weekend will come and all my good intentions go out the window.

    Bad sleep never helps. I wish I had an answer but just remember you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. I guess its not so rare is it? I just need to string a good few weeks together to get my mojo back instead of this going nowhere BS. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe where you are is exactly where you need to be and you don't need to be going anywhere? Food (sorry the pun) for thought!

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Magda! I had a very bad few days where I gained a lot of the little weight I'd lost...even though I stayed away from the MM, my clothes told me so...
    Which brings me to my point. I reined things back in and am feeling very "well" and the weight is dropping again...it's served as a sort of lesson to me that I, personally need to keep fairly close to my eating plan otherwise I can spiral into bad habits and that doesn't help my weight loss goals, and maybe more importantly leaves me feeling generally unwell.

    Dust yourself off and put one foot in front of the other. You know you can...and you'd better get used to the temptation because the silly season is here, my dear :)

    ...Ooh memories of the Intercontinental...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SS, I certainly have considered that but realise that I'd be settling for less than what I really want. Time to embrace CH's comment: Get the head right and the rest will follow.

    I'm hearing you Sandra. Time to get off that merry-go-round me thinks :-) and yep with Christmas on our doorstep its time to recommit to what we know is best for us.

    ReplyDelete