Sunday, July 15, 2012

HOLIDAY STORY - PART 1

Hello Blogland!! Wow, that was some absence. About a month as I look back to my last post. Where to start?? Perhaps I'll put it into instalments.

I laid pretty low the week of our holiday starting. The job interview had me suffering a bit of post traumatic stress (LOL) and I went from feeling like I had it in the bag to felling like I'd blown it. But those feelings all had to be parked as work wound up and the holiday prep needed doing.

We left on the 21st of June (Thursday) flying Qantas to Singapore. The recorded safety talk is now done by the Olympic athletes and it finishes with a cheery "We'll see you in London."

"WHAT!!?? We're on the wrong plane." ...... only joking but it was good for a laugh.

One of my most vivid memories of Singapore was the first morning as I stepped outside the hotel to go to the gym which was on the floor above. The warmth hit me and I looked over the beautiful resort grounds and realised how lucky I was to be back there again.

Sadly I did not have a great shopping experience there this year. My favourite store was no longer in its usual place and I wasted lots of time looking for it in case I had forgotten the location. I was a bit of a lost shopping-soul this time, not really knowing what I wanted and being really finicky with potential buys. After a full day on Orchard Road I returned to the resort empty handed :-(

Later on I bought a really funky bag, 2 gorgeous pairs of shoes and a few small things but not a patch on last year. As a family we went to the Harry Potter exhibition and the Science Centre and both were excellent experiences. I exercised every day in Singapore alternating between weights and cardio, relishing the gym facility which was pretty well decked out. We had 5 days there before we boarded our cruise ship for the 2 week return to Australia.

Oh, I almost forgot ..... in Singapore I found out that I didnt get the job. I was (secretly) pretty gutted because of the circumstances around it and I mulled over it over and over again. Sadly my mood wasnt very good but I put on my everything-is-great smile and faked it.

Here are a few Singapore piccies:



The view from our balcony.


The Crane Dance.


At the Harry Potter exhibition with my boy.


Please come back to read part 2 which will be the start of our cruise.

Good night all.

M


6 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle. Its (sorta) good to be back LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Magda, missed your posts and updates. Sounds like you had a fabulous holiday. Boo to the job, but who knows what's around the corner for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you Magda :) Sorry to hear you missed out on the job, it's always disappointing :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz and thanks for your kind words. It was my first go for a position at this level so a good lesson in what to expect in future. It's good to be back blogging.

    Thanks Kristy and yes it was disappointing but I'm lucky to have a good job thatbim not desperate to get out of so everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to have you back :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete