Monday, July 23, 2012

49TH BIRTHDAY AND BEYOND

I spent the weekend celebrating my birthday even though it was fairly low key this year. It doesnt take much to make me happy - Peter took Mitchell to his ice skating lesson so I wouldnt have to sit in the icebox - happy. I used that time to go shopping and bought a beautiful evening dress to wear at an upcoming school function. The dress was heavily reduced on sale and is a gorgeous, flattering fit - happy. I had cake for lunch - happy. Champagne and delicious nibbles with my SIL and BIL later on - happy. Then the three of us went out for dinner just locally - happy. The next day my BF took me to lunch - happy and Peter cooked dinner for me. What more can I say? HAPPY!!






I am now 49 and I've been thinking about something consistently for several months. Not just fleetingly but constantly so its not a flippant easy come, easy go goal.

I will look and feel fantastic for my 50th birthday. I will live my life free from regrets because I didnt go after what I wanted. I will be happy - truly deep down happy because I'll enjoy the journey, not just the destination. As much as this is a physical thing, its an emotional one as well. Yes I'm committing to improving the physical but not at the expense of the emotional. The whole package has to work well together and I'll be fine tuning it as I go. I am my own project, after all who knows me better??

My wardrobe is full of beautiful designer clothes - all in smaller sizes. I'll be wearing them all again. When I put a smile on my face, it'll be genuine. I'll look forward to social occassions instead of dreading what I'll wear and how I'll look. I can visualise EXACTLY what I want. Not doing this is not an option.

Step 1 is the declutter. I have a wardrobe to clean out, a fridge and freezer to overhaul, a workspace that needs a SERIOUS makeover and some minor bits and pieces to get right. Less clutter = less negative energy. I'll probably get this underway towards the end of the week and the weekend. The crap has to go.

I have more that I will share but thats enough for tonight.

Cheers guys

M

9 comments:

  1. I so love your objectives here Magda! You know what! Like you I have an exact vision of what I want to work toward and how I want to present myself, not working toward that is not an option!

    As for that 10 week challenge I mentioned in my last reply with meet up and weigh in tonight, I arrived in the area by train one hour early. Then googled address on phone and the location was not where I thought, I firmly had an idea it was somewhere else closer but didn't check. It looked a 4k walk away somewhere out of the way, no drama but it was dark and pouring with rain and cold. Still I walked in an attempt to find it, found the streets weren't well marked or lit, not many footpaths and must have missed the turn off so I ended up doing a big loop ending up back at the start. I was freezing and wet, so decided to take train to traino, then head home, waste of $50. I then found out its optional but those who run the course 10 wk challenge were Herbalife distributors and would attempt to push the Herbalife products onto us so I prob am glad I am out. While I normally overthink stuff, that time I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I waffle on when on a tangent, really sorry about that. If I knew how, I would delete the second paragraph of the above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Magda. You do look HAPPY :).

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pip, after our recent catch up I knew you'd get what I was on about. Never mind about the 10 week challenge. Think long term and what sustainable habits you can be happy with :-)

    Thanks Charlotte.

    Thanks Shelley. The pics were taken in Fremantle near the end of our holiday. We were freezing after the Swan River cruise but nothing that a hot chocolate, a muffin and cuddles wouldnt fix LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Magda, I LOVE Mitchell's smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Magda. July has been a real "dejunking" month with clutter at my place too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sandra. He's pretty cute when he strikes a genuine smile :-)

    Thanks Liz. It was actually your crusade to de-junk in July that inspired my desire to declutter. SO much old crap to get rid of.

    M

    ReplyDelete