Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SAYING GOOD BYE TO THE 'B' WORD

I've decided to post this now and not wait til the end of July because I just know that nothing will change between now and then. What I say now, will still apply in a week's time.

When I finished my accounting exam on April 30th this year I made a quiet but firm decision that I wouldnt binge again. The stress of the exams was over so it was a good time to try again - having tried and ultimately failed many times before.

My goal was simply not to binge. There was no dieting other than some mindful eating of good, healthy foods but that was not my goal. There were times when I ate too much and times when I had more treat foods than I normally would. But as long as I didnt fall into a frenzy of mindlessly stuffing my face, I was winning.

That began in May and here I am at the end of July and I HAVE NOT BINGED.

By jove, I may just have this worked out LOL. The thoughts have come but I've let them go and not acted upon them. Wow, its nice to know I CAN do that. The desire was there sometimes but I reminded myself of what I ultimately wanted. The desire came and the desire went.

Its taken a lot of soul searching and honestly observing what I feel and think, when and why to work it out and get and stay on that road to being binge free. They say with age comes wisdom so my sh*tload of the smarts may just have arrived LOL.

Irrespective of the number on the scales now and how far I have to go to get the body I'm happy with, starting that journey from this position is a mighty good feeling. It fills me with confidence that I can do it.

:-) M


5 comments:

  1. Great achievement there Magda! Your way sounds very similar to that in the book, 'Brain Over Binge' by Kathryn Hansen, I recently read her book, however it is likely you worked it out for youself I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this post a lot. And loved Kathryn Hansen's book Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pip, I wouldnt mind reading that book just for interest and tips for staying binge free. Thanks for mentioning it.

    Thanks Charlotte and Michelle.

    Me too Liz :-) It felt great to be able to write it.

    M

    ReplyDelete