Wednesday, July 25, 2012

THE BIRTHDAYS MORNING TEA

Over a 4 and a bit weeks period, 6 of the 9 people in our work unit have their birthdays. Yes, all but one of us having those birthdays is a Cancerain. I call us the 'touchy, feely, caring corner'. Work tradition is to bring a cake for morning tea on your birthday but with EOFY, people away with sick kids, people away on holidays (moi) and everybody working their butts off, the birthday morning teas didnt happen.

Until today when we had one big combined birthday morning tea. Most of us contributed and there was a LOT of food because someone didnt invite the rest of the building (I like small intimate gatherings LOL).

So let me just say that cake was consumed, as was a bit of sushi and a fresh cheese scone. Hmm perhaps a little too much considering my long term goal.

Now before you all go thinking "oh she's relapsed AGAIN",  let me say "nah ah. I might have graduated from binge free but I'm not shooting for saintly 100% clean eater mode either."

I'll be the first to admit that there is work to do where treat foods are involved. Small steps. Work in progress. And all that crap ..... er you now what I mean.

I shall go to bed shortly comfortable that I remain on my winning streak.

:-) M



7 comments:

  1. Nice job today, it would have been a nice occasion! Luv how you are on your winning streak!. Regarding my 29 day challenge thing, I've done 5 days, fully on track ticking all boxes, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your winning streak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read your last 3 posts Magda, you sound in a great place right now :)

    Wanted to let you know had my checkup and my iron is normal (woohoo!), but lower vitamin d levels so taking supplements and maybe thyroid (waiting on other tests on same blood), glad your check prompted me to get checked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's cheers to your 5 days fully on track and ticking all boxes Pip. Every day you add to that is a day closer to where you ultimately want to be.

    Feels good to be in this zone Michelle :-)

    Good on you Kristy. I firmly believe in keeping an eye on all that and not waiting until something goes dreafully wrong before seeing the doctor. A bit of prevention now will make a big difference down the track. Nosey me would be interested in your thyroid result if you dont mind sharing.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind sharing at all Magda :) The results are in, but waiting for the Dr to ring me back, not looking promising for today. I have never had thyroid come up as issue on a blood test so will wait for the call... I'm interested, not worried...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magda, quickly on the thyroid, I have been advised to have kelp tablets for a couple of months for the iodine and then have my levels retested. I think it was kind of borderline between ok and an issue...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kristy. Thats really interesting.

    ReplyDelete