Saturday, June 16, 2012

AN INDULGENT DAY

A Saturday like today comes along only once in a blue moon. It was, dare I say it ... relaxing.

In my life a normal Saturday consists of the following (not necessarily in this order):

  • stripping the bed and washing the sheets
  • getting some exercise in
  • breakfast
  • shower, hair, make up
  • grocery shopping
  • taking Mitchell to his ice skating lesson
  • dropping Mitchell at mum's place after his lesson
  • picking Mitchell up from mum's place later in the afternoon
  • cleaning
  • another load of washing
  • washing hung out and then brought in
  • bed made up
  • time out for beer o'clock
  • prepare and cook dinner
  • crash out on FB or Blogger
  • if I'm meeting a friend for lunch then there is a serious reprioritising of all of the above and a lot of it doesnt get done

It is literally go, go, go from when I get out of bed til its beer o'clock and then finally crash out time.

But today there was no skating and only a small grocery shop and it made the world of difference. That and getting most of my housework done when I got home yesterday :-)

So I managed a really decent back and chest session which started with a bad case of "I really dont feel like it" and turned into one of my best and strongest lifts. After my family was all taken care of and essential chores were done, I took myself out with the paper, my shopping bags and time on my hands. I wiled away a good 30 minutes + at my favourite cafe and read the Saturday paper. Then I strolled down the road to our local bookshop for a lengthy browse before thinking about starting the grocery shopping. A call from my SIL had me making a detour back to my favourite cafe to meet them for coffee as they were in the area. I finally got around to shopping and with only 2 bags not even full I walked the 10 or so minutes home.

Gotta love these indulgent days as they truly are very rare.

:-) M





2 comments: