Thursday, June 14, 2012

DULL, COLOURLESS AND BORING

After boasting about my stellar run with training lately, I found myself the victim of a bad night's sleep on Tuesday. When I'm awake for anything around the 2 hour mark I turn off my alarm in the hope that if/when I fall back asleep I can grab that extra (much needed) hour. So there was no training on Wednesday morning and I spend a good part of Wednesday evening pre-preparing Thursday night's dinner when mum and dad stay after bringing Mitchell home from school. So evening training is impossible. But I was back into it today with an interval session on my spin bike :-)

I spent today at a training session at one of our nice city hotels. It was an interesting and engaging session and although the day was very long, it held ny interest for all but the last half hour. By then my brain had declared "ENOUGH." Now when I go to these training days I always struggle with the 'free food' thats on offer and more often than not I end up over-eating on some pretty crappy stuff. But I've been eating well lately and I was really conscious of not going mental with the food today so I packed a piece of fruit and a small container of almonds to have in place of the biscuits I expected to be available.

Well the 'free food' was as expected yet probably of higher grade than usual - danish pastries for morning tea; a buffet lunch of hot food, sandwiches/baguettes, salads and quite an array of desserts and afternoon tea was carrot cake and banana cake. My lord what a feast of carbs and fats. My fruit came in handy for morning tea. A hot meal at lunch with a tiny serve of sweets filled me up for the rest of the day and I conveniently kept my distance from the cakes and pastries. Luckily there was peppermint tea which I love as a hot, healthy drink in winter. All up I managed really well today and didnt feel deprived or dare I say it 'on a diet' (BTW I'm certainly not.)

Apart from those two totally insignificant things, I have nothing else to report. Talk about my life being dull, colourless and boring LOL.

Cheers all

M

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't describe you (or your life) as dull and colourless...and from my experience, boring can sometimes be a good thing ;-). Well done on resisting temptation xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. It just feels like I have nothing meaningful to blog about. Its all a bit ho hum LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Borings great, I love boring Madga. If that's what you're happy with then there's nothing wrong with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Lia. I guess the other way of looking at it as 'its a routine' and like you, I like routine.

    ReplyDelete