Monday, June 11, 2012

FEELING GOOD AND POSITIVE

I've had an awesome long weekend but I cant help thinking back to a year ago when I wrote this post and soon after this post . In the lead up, I had really hit rock bottom and just couldnt find my way up again. It took a lot of looking deep within to start making my way out of my hole. Things had to change and they had to change big time.

Since then things have gone up and down for me. I've learnt a lot about myself but I'm way off working myself out, if you know what I mean. Maybe thats just how life is meant to be, a journey of discovery and taking the things we learn and applying them when we're ready. Sometimes we may know stuff for years before we actually use it to our benefit. Sometimes things work for a while and then its time for a change, an evolution if we wish to continue our journey forward and not be stuck in our rut.

Lately I have felt really good and positive about things. The lifestyle I'm leaning towards, one that is naturally evolving from my longer term goals just feels right. Its not something I have to struggle with or cajole myself into. I'm liking the feelings of peace and calm that its bringing. Yesterday I caught up with an old friend that I dont see often but hold dear in my heart for a number of reasons. Kerry and I met when we first competed in 2007. She is still bodybuilding and competing and after 5 or 6 years in the business she is one smart cookie who's worked it all out and is not a victim of the downside of the sport. I respect her very commonsense approach to lifestyle, health and training. It was a very engaging couple of hours talking with her.

On a more personal level though, I'm pleased to say that my training mojo has kicked into top gear. Since last Monday I have trained every day alternating between weights and cardio. Saturday's cardio session was 45 minutes of 1 walk:2 jogs (songs) and then a 10 minute walk home to finish. I did similar today but without the extra walk at the end. The jogging has felt good. Yesterday's leg session has left me sore again so even though my exercises are very basic and I only increase my weights a little at a time, I know its still an effective session :-)

Its nice to come on and write some positive stuff and I tell you, if I could bottle it, I would. But I guess its just about maintaining the good habits, the good headspace and the good future perspective rather than expecting miracles.

:-) M

4 comments: