Friday, December 9, 2011

BITS, BOBS AND BAFFLED.

Another week done and dusted. Peter acting in an exec position and working like a demon. My work has ramped down a little but MUST maintain motivation for another 2 weeks. Just breathe and do it.

Application for uni course was lodged today. I'll spare the gory details but this was on again / of again more times than I care to write about. Lets just say that in the end Adelaide Uni came through and it looks like all systems go now for a Feb start.

Had a lovely Christmas lunch yesterday as a guest of one of our service providers. Met up with an ex neighbour that we were really good friends with and sat next to him at the lunch. Couldnt understand why I just couldnt engage him in a conversation - not about his youngest son (born just before our boy), not about his older kids, his wife, his work. He managed a few sentences about moving house and then engaged in conversation with others about where he lives now. I was baffled. I told my family about it that night including the fact that he had put on a LOT of weight. Mum said he probably felt embarassed running into me. WTF??!! Do guys (middle-aged men) think that way???

Will be writing a book review soon - watch this space.

Signing off now and attempting AGAIN to receive today's emails.

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. Magda, maybe your old neighbour felt intimidated to be meeting you in a totally different situation. He was used to you as a nieghbour but now he finds you in a professional environment...and some guys ARE intimidated by attractive women in roles of power...just sayin' xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I would've been quite a different girl in my trackie daks and training T shirts back then. I actually wondered whether everything was ok with him - eg marriage on the rocks (or over), problems with the grown up kids? You never know.

    M

    ReplyDelete