Saturday, January 5, 2013

GETTING INTO THE SWING OF THINGS

Well I have dragged myself through 3 days back at work and I can tell you, it hasn't been easy. The only silver lining has been that with only myself to organise in the mornings, I've set my alarm for 5:30 and still got through exercise, getting ready AND walking to work (45 mins) by 8am. I've been eating breakfast of a hard boiled egg and a muffin made from Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Cookbook at my desk and that's been working well. So far I've stuck to my goal of no spending on food during the work week.

I seem to have fallen into a pattern of alternate days of weights and cardio. This means my weights sessions are on a 6 day cycle for now which is proving to be just enough recovery. I know that once I'm back into a regular weight training routine I won't have such fierce DOMS but right now everything aches all the time. Plus my body is trying to subtly tell me that the additional walking is not such a great idea. On Thursday I spent the first 5 or 10 minutes limping along due to my right leg and hip just not wanting to cooperate. Bastards!! But I shall not give in and I persevere with my running knowing that once I'm well and truly warmed up, everything is ok as long as I don't push for too long.

So I'm pretty happy with my training, eats and lifestyle right now and I know that keeping on will get me where I want to be weight and fitness wise. Although I had recently contemplated signing up with a trainer for that extra push, financially it's off the cards now as I save my hard earned cash in readiness for some serious overseas shopping later this year.

I guess I've gone it alone most of the time and this year will be no different. Cheers all.

Xx m

3 comments:

  1. Hi Magda, you have all the knowledge to put a good plan together - I don't think you need a coach. Keep working on yourself and sharing your insights - always like to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. I was only thinking of it to give me that extra push in my workouts but for what I want to achieve, I agree it's not really necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I prefer the alternating weights and cardio as well. I found on the l&s program of the 12wbt, doing weight training 6x a week left me with all sorts of aches and pains ... it was just too much.

    I understand what you mean with regard to having a coach but you have got this. If you need a push, we are here :)

    ReplyDelete